Today sees the launch of new tailored online safety guides for key professionals working with children, including social workers, healthcare professionals, residential care settings and governors/trustees.
Delivered as part of our work as one of three charities in the UK Safer Internet Centre, these guides add to the existing guides for teachers and for foster carers and adoptive parents.
It is essential that all professionals working with children are empowered to support and safeguard children and their families in their use of digital technology, as well as knowing how to protect their own professional reputation.
Our new guides provide tailored advice for professionals working with children, with a range of topics covered, including:
- Roles and responsibilities in relation to online safeguarding, including effective policy and practice
- Understanding the latest technologies and trends
- Managing online safeguarding incidents
- Getting online safety training
- Supporting children, young people, parents, carers
- Professional reputation
Find out more in the UK Safer Internet Centre's Advice Centre.