With just 98 days to go until Safer Internet Day we look at the different ways you can get involved and some of the exciting things that will be launching soon.
What is Safer Internet Day?
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, the celebration sees hundreds of organisations get involved to help promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The campaign continues to grow from strength to strength and, for Safer Internet Day 2018, an incredible 1,700 organisations got involved in supporting the day which reached 45% of young people aged 8-17 in the UK.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight the positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
What you can do now
There are 3 key things that you can do right now to get involved and help make Safer Internet Day 2019 the biggest yet!
- Register as a supporter
- Spread the word using the Safer Internet Day Campaign Toolkit
- Sign up for the SID newsletter
What is coming soon?
In the lead up to Safer Internet Day there are some really exciting things that will be launched on the UK Safer Internet Website, these include:
- Educational resources for all ages. These Education packs include lesson plans, assemblies, presentations and much more.
- SID TV films to be used in educational and home settings.
- Social media campaign materials to help you get involved on the day.
- A quiz and top tips for young people.
- More materials to help you spread the word, including the Thunderclap which last year reached over 9 million people.
Get the latest Safer Internet Day news
To keep up to date with the latest Safer Internet Day news you can:
This article was originally posted on www.saferinternet.org.uk