Film Competition: International
Welcome to the International Category of the Childnet Film Competition 2021
For the last 12 years, The Childnet Film Competition has challenged young filmmakers across the UK to create a short film in response to a given theme. Our main criteria is that all entries must contain a positive message and be able to educate other young people.
This year, Childnet is introducing the brand-new International Category, to enable young people who attend school outside of the UK to also enter. Whilst this will run alongside the UK competition, please note that the International Category is treated as a separate competition. See below for more information.
The challenge is to create a short film, no longer than 2 minutes, reflecting a positive message on this year’s theme:
Separating fact from fiction. Finding trustworthy information online
What can we do to find out whether something is true or not online? How would you creatively share your top tips or how would you help someone to understand the difference?
Whatever the message, remember it must remain positive!
What are the important things to know?
- The International Category is only open to young people, aged 7-18, who attend school outside of the UK.
- The International Category runs as its own competition and has different terms and conditions to the UK Childnet Film Competition.
- There are 2 age groups for the competition. Entrants must select to enter either, the age group, 7-11 (in the UK, primary school age) or the age group, 11-18 (in the UK, secondary school age).
- Films must contain a positive message that can educate other young people.
- An educator must enter and submit films on behalf of their students.
- One winning film from each age group will be chosen.
Select the age group below that you wish to enter.
Download the competition pack which contains everything you will need (including competition entry forms, guidance and film making advice).
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact [email protected]
How to enter the competition:
- Submit your film, entry form and consent form to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday 14th June 2021.
- We can only accept entries online. Films and forms must be sent electronically. We would recommend using sites like WeTransfer or Dropbox to share them with us.
- All the information you need is in the packs and check the FAQs or email [email protected] if you are not sure about anything.
Download you entry pack here:
The main things we’ll be looking for are films that stick to the theme and those which contain a clear and positive message. Film entries will be judged on the strength of message, creativity and delivery. The Childnet Film Competition is all about content and the creative filmmaking.