Film Competition 2021
Open to all young people aged 7-18 with 3 key categories:
What is the Childnet Film competition?
For the last 12 years, the Childnet Film Competition has challenged young filmmakers to create a short film or a storyboard in response to a given theme. All entries must contain a positive message and be able to educate other young people.
This year’s theme is: Separating fact from fiction. Finding trustworthy information online.
What are we looking for?
The main things we’ll be looking for are films that stick to the theme and those which contain a positive and clear message. Only films and storyboards closest to this will be shortlisted. Film entries will be judged on the strength of message, creativity and delivery, and not about having the latest equipment or technology. The Childnet Film Competition is all about content and the creative filmmaking.
What are the important things to know?
- A supervising adult (such as an educator, youth leader or parent/carer) must enter and submit films and storyboards on behalf of entrants.
- Films and storyboards entries must reflect the competition theme.
- All entries must contain a positive message that can educate other young people.
- All entrants must live within the UK to enter.
- The prizes awarded will be for your school or youth group.
- Entries must reach us by 5pm on Tuesday 1st June 2021.
- We cannot accept entries that forget to do any of the above.
- Finalists will be announced on Monday 14th June and winners announced Thursday 1st July.
How to enter the competition:
- Select the category you wish to enter.
- Download the competition pack. This contains everything you will need (including competition entry forms, guidance, film making advice or storyboard template).
- Start getting creative! Plan and make your film, or map out your storyboard.
- Submit your entry and consent form to [email protected] by 5pm on Tuesday 1st June. Whilst you can email entry forms, storyboards and scripts to us, all films must be sent electronically. (We would recommend using sites like WeTransfer or Dropbox to share them with us).
- Further details for submitting film or storyboard entries can be found within the packs or on the FAQs page.
The categories this year:
Further pages to help you:
If you have any questions about the competition, then please contact [email protected].