How can personal information be shared online?
Sharing personal information online can happen in different ways. These could include but not be limited to any of the following:
- Through creating online profiles for social media, gaming platforms or video sharing sites
- By sharing pictures and videos online, eg revealing a location by sharing a picture of you in your school uniform
- By joining or being added to group chats – your phone number, profile picture and status could all become visible to other members of the chat
- Bios on social media accounts, eg bios on Instagram remain public even when an account is switched to private
- Memes you share - Some memes, such as ones looking at password strength or memes created about your school or class, can actually give away more information than you intended to