Need help?

There are lots of people who can help!

If something upsets you online or you are worried about a friend it can really help to talk to someone. There are lots of people who can help you. You should try to talk to an adult you trust if anything has upset you or made you feel uncomfortable whilst online. If you don't want to speak to someone you already know then you can always seek advice and support from a helpline. See the list of helplines for young people below. 

Helplines for young people:

There are some great helplines which offer support and advice specifically for young people on a range of issues. Some helplines like Childline and The Mix offer general support on any issue which may be worrying or upsetting a young people whilst others offer advice and support on specific issues like domestic violence and suicide.  

Advice and support for young people:

There are also some great organisations which offer advice for young people on specfic issues. 

Is something breaking the law? Report it!

If you are worried about something that has happened to you online there are a number of organisations that can help. Also see our Hot topics for more information on staying safe online.

Inappropriate contact: Adults who go online to chat to young people and arrange to meet up in order to cause them harm are breaking the law. If you have met someone online and conversations with that person are making you feel uncomfortable then tell an adult you trust or you can report it to the police.

If you're under 18 and a nude image or video of you has been shared online, you can report it to Childline and get it removed from the internet.

Criminal content: If you stumble across criminal content online, you should report this to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). Unsure if it is criminal content? Visit the IWF website to find out what can be reported.

Criminal activity: You can pass on information about a crime or criminal activity 100% anonymously to Fearless. Unsure if what you saw or know about is a crime? The Fearless website has a guide to find out more about all the different types of crime and where to access further help and support.

Support on the services you use:

Some of the online services you use have great help and advice areas. If you have questions about how to report, block or delete then these are great places to look. Click on the logo to learn more about staying safe on your favourite services.