The results are in, and we can now announce that the finalists for Childnet Film Competition 2015 are…
Primary Category - A good online friend is someone who...
- Ludworth Primary School - Chips and Bangs
- The WOW Zone - The TRUTH Online
- Aerodrome Primary Academy - E-buddy – A superhero for a Virtual World
Secondary Category - A better internet is up to us!
- Patcham High School - A Better Internet is Up to Us! –
- Weavers Academy – We have a choice to make a better internet (Keith Chivrozva)
- South West College – A Better Internet is Up to Us!
PhoneBrain Category - App Traps and Bill Shock - Do you know how much your phone is costing you?
- Children’s Hospital School Leicester – Mummy I wuv you
- Huntington School – News at Six with Evie and Amy
- Westminster Academy – Hidden Costs
Founded in 2010 as a way of asking young people to focus on positive use of the internet, the Childnet Film Competition invites schools and youth organisations from across the UK to capture their internet safety messages in a short film.
As Childnet Education Projects Officer, Becky Nancarrow, said “Childnet’s film competition is a brilliant opportunity to showcase young people’s creativity and understanding of e-safety issues. With more entries than ever before, it is amazing to see so many primary and secondary schools, as well as youth organisations, exploring internet usage in a fun and positive way.”
All the finalists’ films will be shown at a private screening at the BFI Southbank on Monday 13th July 2015. All finalists will see their classified films on the big screen and the winners will be announced by a panel of judges including the BBFC, BFI and PhonePayPlus.
All the finalists films will be available to view on our website and YouTube after the 13th July.