Safer Internet Day 2022 – Supporters registration now open!
Posted on 11 November 2021
From cyberbullying to social networking to digital identity, each year Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns.
Safer Internet Day 2022 will be celebrated on 8th February with the theme: ‘All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online’.
Our recent research found that 77% of young people have spent more time playing online games and apps during the pandemic than ever before, so we are very excited to cover this theme and to give topical and helpful advice for children and young people across the UK.
Safer Internet Day 2021 reached more young people than ever before, with over half of UK children (51%) aged 8-17 hearing about the day, alongside 38% of UK parents and carers.
You can join organisations from across the UK by signing up to the Safer Internet Day Supporters List and sharing what you are doing for #SaferInternetDay.
Once registered you will receive a certificate to show your support for the day and, following review, your logo, organisation name and supportive statement will appear on the UK Safer Internet Centre Website.
99% of teachers said Safer Internet Day 2021 played a significant role in their school’s online safety provision.
What else can I be doing?
You can get involved in #SaferInternetDay by:
- Visiting www.saferinternetday.org.uk
- Liking @saferinternetuk on Facebook
- Following @UK_SIC on Twitter
- Joining the national conversation using #SaferInternetDay
- Following @UK_SIC on Instagram
You can help spread the word on social media by sharing these key messages!
- Schools and organisations can now register as a #SaferInternetDay Supporter! @UK_SIC have also readied resources for you to use NOW! Download free lesson plans, activities, films and more! https://saferinternetday.org.uk
- Have you registered as a Safer Internet Day supporter? Share what you are doing for #SaferInternetDay, and see all of the great things that are planned across the UK! @UK_SIC https://saferinternetday.org.uk
- New resources! Safer Internet Day 2022 will take place on Tuesday 8th February with the theme ‘All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online’. There are some great resources and ways to get involved on the UK Safer Internet Centre website! www.saferinternetday.org.uk #SaferInternetDay