Safer Internet Day 2019 will be celebrated on the 5th February with the theme: Together for a better internet.
We have created some resources to help you get involved in the day, and ways in which you can help us to make Safer Internet Day 2019 the biggest yet!
What is Safer Internet Day?
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, the celebration sees hundreds of organisations get involved to help promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The campaign continues to grow from strength to strength and, for Safer Internet Day 2018, an incredible 1,700 organisations got involved in supporting the day which reached 45% of young people aged 8-17 in the UK. Meanwhile our social media Thunderclap reached more than 9 million people, our education packs were downloaded more than 800,000 times and our SIDTV films were watched more than 400,000 times.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight the positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
What is the campaign toolkit and how can I use it?
The campaign toolkit is created each year to help you and your organisation to get involved in Safer Internet Day by spreading the word and raising awareness. The campaign toolkit contains some key things to help you do this, including:
- Banners and header images in a range of colours that you can upload onto your social media accounts
- Example Tweets and Facebook posts that you can share to show your support of the day
- Sample text that you can include in newsletters, send to your local press, and share on your websites
What else is coming soon?
In the lead up to Safer Internet Day there are some really exciting things that will be launched on the UK Safer Internet Website, including:
- Opportunity to show your support of the day by registering for the Safer Internet Day supporters list
- Full impact report of SID 2018
- Educational resources and films
- More materials to help you spread the word, including the Thunderclap which last year reached over 9 million people.
Stay up to date with the latest news: