Book a Childnet visit
Education Visits and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
With the UK Government decision to close schools and colleges for the majority of pupils until further notice, we are no longer able to run our education visits in person.
However, we are able to run parents sessions online. For more information, click here.
Anyone wishing to discuss a current or upcoming booking please email [email protected] and a member of the team will be in touch.
We are taking new bookings for in-school sessions from September 2020. Whilst we sincerely hope to back out in schools at this point, future visits will still be subject to Government and medical advice. If you're looking for an alternative online safety programme that can be run without a presenter, please see below for details of our peer-to-peer Digital Leaders programme.
For any schools looking for advice on remote working please visit the UK Safer Internet Centre Safe Remote Learning Hub.
What we can offer (when schools are fully open)
We offer online safety sessions for young people aged 3-18, parent and carers and all members of the children's workforce. These sessions have been specifically designed to meet the needs of the audience.
A typical activity day for pupils consists of a maximum of 4 sessions throughout the school day, ranging from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the package booked and age of your pupils. These sessions could include a parent or staff session, or either of these could be added on as a 5th, 'twilight' session.
We also offer stand-alone parent and staff training sessions, and lunch and learns for settings such as companies or parent groups that range from 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the style of session booked.
What else do I need to know?
- All of our presenters hold current DBS certificates, obtained by Childnet International, and receive regular Child Protection training. You will receive your presenter's DBS details in an email 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Please be aware that our Childnet visits are unregulated activity so should be supervised by school staff. We understand that some schools may have additional requirements which we encourage you to share with us at the point of booking.
- We do not have a maximum audience size for staff or parent and carers sessions. We provide 50 sets of resources within the cost of the visit. Let us know if you'd like to purchase more.
- Prices do not include VAT and presenter's expenses and our maximum audience size for pupils is 120 per session.
- For schools over 1.5 hours travel from London, we may need to ask to include an overngiht stay in our expenses.
For more information on pricing, please visit our enquiry form.
Meet our presenters