Thank you to every pupil, school and youth group who have entered this year’s Childnet Film Competition!
Scores of short films and storyboards were submitted ahead of yesterday’s 5pm deadline.
And now it’s over to the Film Competition judging panel to select their top three entries in the Primary, Secondary and Storyboard categories. The expert judges are:
- David Austin OBE - Chief Executive, British Board of Film Classification
- Jim Filippatos - Vice President of Global Public Policy, Disney
- Catherine McAllister - Head of Editorial Standards, BBC Children's
- Stan McCoy - President and Managing Director, Motion Picture Association EMEA
- Lisa Prime - Programme Manager: Children & Young People, BAFTA
- Mark Reid - Education, British Film Institute
Explaining what the judges will be looking from this year’s entries, Lisa remarked: “I like films to challenge and surprise me but most of all, it should be authentic. I want to know that the film is created by young people and that it’s giving them a voice.”
David added: “I’ll be looking for creative films that hit all the key messages of this very important competition. The standard of entry to the Childnet Film Competition is always incredibly high and the competition is fierce - I’m so looking forward to seeing all the brilliant entries this year. Although picking the winners is always a challenging job!”
The Film Competition finalists and winners will be announced during a special online event on July 1. Look out for more details on how to join this celebration of creativity, filmmaking and online safety!